There are so many different types of hair brushes on the market today, it can be very overwhelming to find which one is right for you. Choosing the right one for your hair type can be a challenge. Once you have found the right one it can make all the difference for your hair. Ideally everyone wants soft, silky, radiantly healthy hair, so finding just the right brush to do the trick is crucial.
A high-quality hair brush is the best investment you can make for your hair. Knowing what type of hair brush you will need is vital to the health and overall look of your hair. There really is a brush for every hair type, from thick and curly to thin and damaged. Finding the right one can add texture and volume or control frizz and breakage.
A Natural Bristle Brush Is Key
When it comes to hair brushes a natural one is the key. Your first impression of a natural brush might be that it is rough or damaging, but in fact the truth is, it is quite the opposite. A natural boar bristle hair brush is extremely gentle on both your hair and your scalp.
A natural bristle hair brush also removes dirt and oil from your roots while massaging your scalp which stimulates blood flow and initiates the hair growth.
Another secret that a lot of people don’t know is a natural bristle brush evenly disperses sebum, which is produced by your scalp to protect your hair. Instead of having the buildup on your roots which can cause them to look dirty and oily, these brushes carry it through your hair to cover every strand. Leaving your hair with a healthy shine.
As more people are discovering the secrets of natural bristle brushes they are relying less and less on shampoos and conditioners to clean and moisturize daily. Why continuously add chemicals to your hair when you can achieve the same look with a natural brush?
Choosing the right brush for your own unique hair type.
Natural boar bristle hair brushes are advertised in most beauty supply stores as well as online, although some are not exclusively natural and can be made from mostly nylon.
Here are some fool proof ways to make sure you are buying a genuine natural boar bristle hair brush.
- Be sir to examine the label carefully. It must say 100% natural or genuine boar bristle. Don’t forget to read the fine print as well. Some companies will try to slip in other materials on the fine print label.
- Really take a good look at the bristles. A true natural bristle brush will have the hairs extremely close together, where nylon mixed brushes will be further apart. Nylon mixed brushes are not essentially bad, but they must be clearly printed on the label that they contain nylon.
- Are the bristles softer than a traditional brush? Does each individual bristle look the same or almost identical? Nylon mixed brushes will be fairly easy to spot as they may vary in color or density.
- It is totally normal for some of the individual bristles to fall out when the brush is new. Do not be alarmed.
- One last fool proof way to spot a fake is to burn one bristle. Of course, you would never do this inside an actual store, but if you are worried it could be nylon it’s a foolproof way to tell. If the bristle just melts and smells like burning plastic, you have your answer. A natural bristle will burn quick and snap in half much like human hair.
Using a natural bristle brush
Using a natural bristle hair brush in the right manner is equally as important as choosing the right brush.
- Never ever brush your hair when it is wet. This is the number one cause of breakage. Your hair is at its weakest point when it is wet.
- If your hair is prone to tangling you can use a detangling spray prior to brushing. If you do not want to put any products in your hair, simply run your fingers through your dry hair to remove any large knots or tangles.
- Always brush down from root to tip without stopping, as this will evenly carry sebum from roots to tip, creating a healthy glow.
- Section off your hair and brush each section carefully. When using a natural bristle brush, slow and steady wins the race.
Best natural bristle hair brush for normal hair
This brush is hands down the best on the market for normal to fine hair. This boar bristle hair brush not only evenly pushes your natural hair oils through every strand but it massages your scalp gently as well. I especially love this brush because it comes with a wooden detangling comb to clear those stubborn tangles. It is an excellent choice for both men and women alike because it can be used on short or long hair. If you are looking to liven up your dull, thin, or damaged locks try this Dovahlia Brush.
Best natural bristle hair brush for very fine hair
This one is on the top of my list if your hair is on the thicker, curlier side. Although it does have nylon bristles mixed in with the boar bristles, it is clearly stated on the label and is exactly what you need if your hair is thick or unruly. The nylon bristles are sparse and work amazingly at taming stubborn locks. The bristles are all surprisingly soft and they massage your scalp very gently. Like the previous set, this brush also does an excellent job at redistributing your hair’s natural oils throughout every strand. The paddle and handle of this brush is eco-friendly and made from real bamboo. If you are environmentally conscious and have thick hair you cannot go wrong with this brush.
Best natural bristle hair brush for thick hair
This brush would be your best option if you are looking for that high-end salon quality brush. This unparalleled design is particularly made to meet pro hair dressers’ needs. It is handcrafted from the finest Italian wood, and actually manufactured in Italy as well. It is designed more for normal to fine hair types as it adds volume and life to your hair.
Using a natural bristle hair brush daily can really contribute to the overall health and appearance of your hair. Over time you may notice your need for conditioner actually diminishing as the brush does a great job at redistributing your hair’s natural oils. These brushes are designed to be gentle on your hair all while massaging your scalp, stimulating blood flow and growth. A natural boar bristle hair brush offers so much more than just amazing styles. They can truly enhance the texture and overall health of your hair and scalp, while leaving your locks with extra shine and bounce. You can achieve salon grade hair at home for a fraction on the price just by using the right natural boar bristle hair brush.